Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Over 320 million Americans will not protest the inauguration of Donald Trump as President.

Wikimedia Commons
The main stream media have been reporting a great deal about the imminent protests of the inauguration on Friday of Donald Trump as President of the United States. It has been predicted that as many as one million people may participate in protests in Washington D.C. However, the bigger story, by a factor of about 300, is that over 320 million Americans have no intention to participate in, or pay attention to, the protests.

 
“It’s hard to believe that we are so outnumbered,” said one despondent activist. “Three hundred to one? That’s a lot. It almost makes me wonder what the point of the protests is.”

Another activist said, “People have no comprehension of how the democratic process has been subverted in this election. Vast numbers of voters in New York and California have been disenfranchised. We, I mean, they, have voices that are far more significant in the big picture than hundreds of millions of idiots in flyover country.”

People who are not going to protest have a variety of lame excuses.

“I have a job and I have to go to work.”

“I’m a college student and I have classes. It’s not a national holiday, is it?”

“I have a business to run and a family to take care of.”

“I just don’t have the time for that nonsense or the money to take a trip to Washington. Furthermore, I don’t understand people who do. Like it or note, Trump won the election. Let’s try to move forward, OK.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment